Donate to GRARA
This is a “Not A Contest, Contest”. It is an informal, fun way to stimulate “radioactivity”. Feel free to participate as much or as little as you like.
- Open to all hams using the W8IRA Linked Repeater System. I suggest going to the W8IRA website to learn about the system.
- Time Frame: First Saturday to the Third Saturday of May.
- Goal: Most Contacts. One contact per day, per callsign. Contacts during nets do not count. Follow this link to learn what nets to avoid: http://w8ira.org/nets-on-the-ira-link-system/
- Reporting is on the honor system. Report: Date, Callsign and Frequency used by the contacted station. Be sure to include your name and callsign.
- Report by email to email@example.com by the Fourth Saturday of May. There will a plaque awarded for the most contacts.
- Note: Be sure you are not interfering with a regular IRA net. Transmit your callsign and indicate you are monitoring the frequency, then be patient.
- Time Frame: First Saturday to Third Saturday of May.
- Goal: most States.
- Mode: CW and Phone.
- Bands: 160 to 6 Meters.
- Power: 100 watts.
- You may mix bands and modes.
- Only count calls to CQ Contest calls if you submit a log to the contest.
- Report: Call, Band, Mode and State. Report by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the Fourth Saturday.
Good Luck, 73 KE8LQH.
The latest editions of our QRM newsletter is available. Click here to see them all!