The December 11th VE testing session is cancelled.
This is due to the state extending the order for covid restrictions until December 20th.
The new order, extending the previous is effective Dec 9. Here is the link to the state’s ruling not allowing the Ham in a Day and VE sessions:
General capacity limitations at gatherings.
- Indoor gatherings:
- Are prohibited at residential venues, except where no more than 10 persons from no more than 2 households are gathered. Such gatherings should be held consistent with guidance issued by the Department of Health and Human Services for such gatherings;
- Are prohibited at non-residential venues.
We have testing every month at the Red Cross building through the Laurel VEC.
Examinations and re held the second Friday of each calendar month beginning at 6:30pm. We are currently holding these exams in the basement at the Red Cross Building (map).
Before coming to the testing session we need you to complete two items, Obtaining an FRN and Filling out a Form.
No appointment is necessary but Obtaining an FRN and Filling out a Form below is needed before coming to the testing session. These are both fairly quick to do.
Obtaining an FRN
The FCC does not allow us to use your Social Security number any more. Please go to this website: https://apps.fcc.gov/coresWeb/publicHome.do and complete the following before filling out the form below and before coming to the testing session.
- Locate and click on “Register and receive your FRN”
- Select registration type as “An individual”
- Select “Yes” for your contact address is in the United States.
- Click “Continue”
- On the next page, enter all the required information and your email. The required fields are marked with a red star.
- After entering all the required information and the email field, click the “submit” button.
- The next window will state the success of creating an FRN and will also give you the FRN (ten digit number starting with zeros)
- We need this number for registration.
Filling out a Form
Please click on the “Next” button bellow to register for the next testing session.